Tuesday, January 29, 2008

#65: Be a Contestant on a Game Show (part II)

So, as I stated in my last post, I was applying to be a contestant on Jeopardy. The online test that I was supposed to take to commence the whole application process. However, that never happened, and I am definitely kicking myself for my stupidity. So here's how the whole thing went down.

The test was scheduled for 8PM. I only had one class today, so finding time should not have been a problem. I went to the library this evening to work on some finance stuff and figured that I would grab something to eat before the test started. That quick bite turned into an elongated process in which I spent way too long at, where had to wait a long, long time to get my food. I eventually got dinner and proceeded to make a beeline back to my apartment to get the show on the road. However, by the time I logged in and such, the test had closed and I could not get in. Talk about a total bummer.

Already rejected by Jeopardy. And I didn't even take the test. It probably would not have mattered anyway, I would have never gotten past the English literature or Microbiology portions of the test. I plan to apply to other game shows, and if that does not work out, then I can do it all again next year. It sucks right now not having the opportunity to say to Alex Trebek, "I'll take 'The Rapists" for 300," but there's always next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have gone with "Gimme Ape Tit for 2000."

I say just go for the glory. Stump the Schwab. He can't handle your nastiness.