Friday, April 11, 2008

#64: Learn a Dance (Part III)

So as my five loyal followers may be aware of this, I'm currently taking a shagging (the dance, not fucking) class this semester. As this semester is beginning to wind down and now that I've learned all of these flippin' sweet dance moves, it's time to put them work. You see, part of my grade in this class is to make a public debut and "shag" in public in front of everyone who wishes to see it. So, yeah. I'm comforted to know that I'm going to get laughed and embarass myself throughly for a one-credit course. Awesome!



As much as I want to tell you all it's going to be like that dancing scene in Saturday Night Fever, it won't be. The whole thing will consist of fratastic toolbags who wear the kind of shorts my father does, dancing to slow songs that make me want to puke my brains out. Look, I love Barry White as much as any other person, but I know that Mr. White and baby-making music is better suited to the sack instead of the dancefloor.

But anyway, my shagging debut is (unfortunately) next Thursday, April 17. I'll probably be there, as long as I'm able to wear a polyester suit and some gold chains. Obviously, I am not going to dress like so many of those douches who wear camouflage and boat shoes. I will not stoop that low to look like everyone else. If you're interested in attending and witnessing me shake my groovething on the dancefloor, then it's at Jillian's in the Vista. That's right, I gave you all the date, time, and location so there are no excuses for missing out.

I hope I do not see anyone there.

No comments: