Friday, April 25, 2008

#64: Learn a Dance (part IV)

Finally! I have learned a motherfucking dance. After wasting my Monday nights, learning the same repetitive moves, and listening to music that makes my ears bleed, I'd like to think I successfully passed the shagging course that I took this semester. I'd like to think so because I just had my debut last night, but whether or not I pass Intro to Shag remains to be seen.

The reason I'd like to say I've passed my Shagging Class is because I had my debut last night. Yes, that debut that was long awaited by me and what I publicized multiple times on this very site. Well, it happened and it pretty much went without a hitch. It was nothing like I expected. Instead of the glaring lights and everyone watching me dance with some ugly bitch, I was dancing on the floor with a bunch of other people, having a good time.

But there was a slight problem with the debut last night. My debut happened to occur at the same time as the Game 3 of the Cavaliers-Wizards series. I understand the first two games were duds from the perspective of a Wizards fan such as myself, but the thrashing that the Wizards incurred on the Cavs and LeBron last night made me so happy. Upon hearing that the Wizards were winning by 25 in the third quarter, I promptly left the dancefloor to go watch my beloved Wizards destroy LeBron. I'm not a big fan of shagging, and I couldn't really give a fuck about it especially when my team is beating the living crap out the team and player that I despise the most. I stayed and watched the game until my friends arrived. By the way, thank you all who showed up, you know you are, and I really appreciate it.

And now, upon the completion of learning how to shag, the days of me having two left feet are long gone baby. Watch out world, because this guy (me) is a dance machine who is a force to be reckoned with. Bring any lady my way, and I'm sure I will be able to seduce her with my amazing dance skills. But the point is that the Wizards > shagging, every fucking time, no matter what.

With that being said, I now have 8 out the 99 things on my list completed. It's a start and hopefully, with summer, things on the list will start to get done instead of being incessantly talked about.

No comments: